This top 100 firm, who are well known for their recent expansions and ambitious drive now require a Construction Solicitor at 4 years + PQE to join their highly ranked Construction team in their flagship Birmingham office.
This national heavyweight are looking to further bolster their already strong Birmingham team. The firm, who are well known for their reputable Construction department, are looking for personable and ambitious individuals to join their team.
This top 100 firm shares over 150 partners highlighting the ambitious ethos within the firm. The firm has a range of specialities, varying from large international corporate bodies to fast growth businesses. They are incredibly focused on supplying a tailored service to their clients.
- Taking instructions from and exploring with the client, his professional team or any relevant third parties the legal and non-legal objectives of the project
- Liaising throughout with the client, his professional team or any relevant third parties
- Advising on procurement routes and choice of contract
- Drafting and negotiating contract amendments, bonds, PCGs and collateral warranties
- Drafting and negotiating professional appointments, novation agreements and collateral warranties
- Advising in relation to construction obligations in funding/development/purchase agreements and agreements for lease. Ensuring the client's position under such agreements is backed-off under the construction documentation
- Producing contract summaries
- Arranging for production and execution of contract documentation
- Undertaking due diligence exercises for funders, purchasers and tenants and reporting on the adequacy of contract documentation and negotiating the same if required
- Advising major contractors on contract terms and producing 'traffic light' reports
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by any Partner, Senior Manager or Practice Operations Support Manager of the firm
- 3 Years + PQE in Construction Law
- A desire to advise on a range of different construction developments
- A strong track record of acting for commercial property developers and funding institutions with a proven ability to negotiate with major contractors and consultants
- A proven ability to give pragmatic, commercial advice
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Team player who is willing to get involved in new areas of work
- Comfortable dealing with clients, under appropriate levels of supervision
- Sound drafting, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If this role could be of interest then please contact James for a confidential conversation.