This role would suit a junior finance lawyer looking to make their first move in-house. It will be an interesting and varied role with the ability to play an essential role in novel transactions. It offers development opportunities and the ability to take on more responsibility as the role matures.
The Legal Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and support on transactions and legal issues for GuarantCo in Africa and Asia.
1. Review and/or support the drafting of NDAs, mandate letters, term-sheets, powers of attorneys, board resolutions, grants, consultancy contracts and/or other forms of commercial contract.
2. Assist with the selection and appointment of legal counsel on transactions.
3. Liaise with external counsel and support transaction management, reviewing agreements drafted by external counsel, in particular, GuarantCo’s standard guarantees and recourse agreements.
4. Ensure GuarantCo’s policy requirements are met in transaction documents prepared by external counsel.
5. Review and comments on local legal and jurisdictional legal advice.
6. Assist with training the team on legal aspects affecting transactions.
7. Update and manage internal legal templates.
8. Assist with and/or draft amendments and waivers to transaction documents.
9. Assist the Portfolio team with interpretation of legal clauses.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Counsel and, or other senior manager of GMC from time to time.
- Structured, leveraged or project finance transactions with an understanding of standard LMA documentation and clauses
- Legal transactions management from term-sheet to satisfaction of condition precedents
- Emerging/developing markets
- Credit insurance
- Corporate bond issues
- Bank guarantees
- Public procurement
- Team player but able to work self-sufficiently
- Good verbal and written communication at middle/senior levels
- Good networker and relationship builder
- Cultural awareness
- Ability to influence and obtain buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential and ability to work in French is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to collaborate closely with colleagues
- Entrepreneurial but with a strong ethical foundation
- Resilience, not put off by setbacks
- Analytical ability
The ideal candidate will be qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales (although other commonwealth jurisdictions will be considered) with approximately 2 years up to 4 years PQE. Strong academics with a relevant degree (not necessarily a legal degree).
She/he will have experience of all or at least one or more of the following areas: structured, leveraged and/or project finance and banking documentation whether in a banking or in-house team, bank guarantees, capital market transactions (debt issues), credit insurance. Emerging/developing markets and infrastructure finance experience desirable.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Capital Markets In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Emerging Markets In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- General Banking (debt finance) In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Project Finance In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)