Our client targets prime mortgage borrowers in growing market segments - such as the self-employed, contract workers and individuals with multiple incomes. Their use of data, combined with human expertise, they are comfortable lending to a broader range of people than other lenders.
- To deliver a high quality, efficient and "can do" legal service to the business and provide support our client in respect of all legal work affecting the business
- To manage a mixed caseload of mortgage disputes/litigation
- To provide commercial and legal input into drafting contract negotiations and standard business documentation
- To liaise with both internal and external service providers who support the business
- To encourage individuals throughout the business to understand the legal and regulatory environment in which they operate
- To be involved with the delivery of projects, special initiatives, issue resolutions and opportunities within the business
- To support the business in its compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, providing an advisory service to all business operations requiring legal assistance
- To monitor changes in legislation, case law, regulation and codes of practice relevant to the business and be able to communicate those changes in a clear and efficient way
- To ensure that records are kept of work undertaken and advice given, and an appropriate system is in place to enable retrieval to meet regulatory responsibilities.
- Personally efficient and well organised
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to work as part of a team but also be able to work on own initiative
- Confident liaising with people at all levels
- Commercial awareness
- Competency in English skills, including drafting letters and legal documentation
- Computer literate and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to keep matters confidential, act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly.
- Qualified Legal Executive
- Relevant legal experience of conveyancing and/or property litigation
- Relevant experience of working for or on behalf of a mortgage lender (desirable)
- Attractive renumeration package
- Employee Benefits