Rare In-House Opportunity for A Competition Lawyer
An exciting opportunity at a private equity house has arisen for a competition lawyer to cover a maternity leave to start in March/April 2019. The role will run from 9 to 12 months with a potential of being extended. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in other areas including corporate and commercial contracts, thereby offering breadth and variety on a day to day basis.
Overseas candidates with the relevant skill set will be considered for this position.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Providing advice and support on regulatory and anti-trust issues that arise on potential transactions and within the existing portfolio.
· Educating the company and its portfolio on competition law and evaluating enforcement trends to identify and mitigate any enforcement risks across the company.
· Supporting the company's deal teams on all legal aspects of private equity M&A transactions, including reviewing and assisting on negotiating SPA and Investment Agreement Reviewing and negotiating key commercial contracts as well as advising on day-to-day business.
· Helping to manage relationships with panel law firms and other key advisers.
· The successful candidate would be expected to forge strong working relationships and maintain responsive and open channels of communication with all areas of the company's business, including the deal teams, client services and finance and tax and to demonstrate an appreciation of the commercial context in which decisions are made.
As part of EJ Legal's candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.