Who we are
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
You’ll be providing support across the whole business on a range of legal issues relevant to a high-growth, innovative, scale-up business. Working in partnership with each of the business teams, our executive committee and reporting to our General Counsel, you will be a valued team member with a valued input.
Your workload will vary and you’ll have input on all aspects of the business: corporate, commercial contracts, IP, employment, property, fund raising, investing. There will never be a dull moment!
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will have trained at a leading law firm and will have significant in-house experience. Corporate and commercial legal experience are a must and experience in fintech and proptech would be advantageous. Above all, the successful candidate will be inquisitive, efficient and willing to get stuck in.
You’ll be approachable and have great people and communication skills; being able to work with and discuss legal issues with people from all walks of life and experience. You’ll be looking for a great opportunity to work somewhere exciting and will welcome the ability to progress and develop.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Corporate assistance
- Commercial contracts
- Tech efficiencies, processes and automation
- GDPR and data security
- Ideally debt finance, funds and regulatory
- Horizon scanning
- Leadership and collaboration
- Training and professional development
Does this sound like you, or what you would like to do? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What we’d need you to have
- English law qualified solicitor (at least 5 years PQE or equivalent) with relevant in-house experience.
- Ideally some experience of dealing with specialist lenders, alternative investment funds, fintech, online investment platforms or marketplaces, high-growth scale-ups.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply themselves to pick up new skills.
What we’d like you to have
- Thorough, methodical, professional and committed to the cause
- Ability to demonstrate a ‘can do’, results and solution-driven attitude
- Ability to simplify
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Not afraid of a challenge and happy to get stuck in!
What you’ll get in return
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Company eye tests
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job