Interim General Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel
Working for client in the financial sector - a major provider of asset management you will be required to provide advice on a broad range of financial/asset management and corporate services transactions.
Looking for an interim General Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel for a 12-month maternity cover, on a fixed term contract basis.
The role will reporting to the CEO offering counsel to senior management and the Board on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and challenge and facilitate business strategies development.
The successful candidate will ensure legal compliance and limit legal risk exposure.
- Set internal governance policies.
- Provision of pragmatic, strategic and business focused legal advice on financial, regulatory, conduct and reputational risks.
- Cover general commercial contract law
- Manage and provide oversight of legal impact of external factors disputes relating to asset management services
- Create associations of trust and respect with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients) as appropriate.
- Dealing with company secretarial matters.
- Managing legal budget and the relationship with outside counsel.
- Handling ad hoc queries from the business, supporting the deal teams and managing contentious issues.
- Must be a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience in managing complex financial products.
- Experience of negotiating IMA's/ISDA's/GMSLA's, alternatives and deal documentation.
- Must have previously worked for an FCA regulated business
- Strong knowledge of FCA regulations.
- Proven general counselling experience within an in-house environment.
- Experience in a financial/asset management services
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate, financial, litigation, employment law, etc).
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
- Good working knowledge of the UK regulatory framework for financial/asset management services.
Excellent remuneration working at a senior level. Anyone interested in the role must be able to work in the West Midlands.