Group Data Protection Officer & Head of Privacy (long contract)
This Group Data Protection Officer & Head of Privacy role is based in Luton and is open to both qualified lawyers and those coming from compliance backgrounds/ data protection background, FTSE 100, well supported role.
It is a fantastic opportunity to join the business on a fixed term contract, the data protection team is friendly and growing, this role will have 4 direct reports.
This Group Data Protection Officer & Head of Privacy role is based in Luton and involves:
- To ensure that the business complies with all relevant data-related legislation in accordance with the board's risk appetite.
- To meet the statutory requirements applicable to the role of the Data Protection Officer defined in the GDPR and in related supervisory authority guidance.
- To ensure that data protection is an enabler and not a hindrance, allowing the business to take advantage of its digital assets while nurturing a culture of data protection, reflecting the organisational commitments to customers and employees.
- To be the primary external communication channel for data subjects, supervisory authorities, other data controllers and industry bodies.
This Group Data Protection Officer & Head of Privacy role is based in Luton and requires:
- A Data Protection / Privacy background
- Ideally someone who has managed a team before
- Experience in a large, international organisation
- Expert knowledge of data privacy legislation including GDPR (in at least one of UK; France; Germany; Spain; Italy; Netherlands)
- Experience in a similar type of role and dealing with DPAs, governments and industry bodies
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risks, PCI DSS and other information security standards
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks
- Able to conduct the role independently and with integrity
- Exceptional communication skills capable of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior management
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels
- Ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects
- Strong team player and proven ability to lead and manage a team
Very competitive package, bonus included, please enquire