Knowledge Lawyer - Banking & Finance, Singapore
Baker McKenzie in Singapore has a fantastic track record when it comes to advising financial institutions and corporations on every manner and aspect of cross-border and domestic financing across numerous industry sectors. One of the key strengths of our Finance & Projects team is the ability to combine international and domestic legal advice within a single team. This is of particular value to our Banking & Finance clients as we eliminate issues that frequently arise when separate counsels are appointed in different jurisdictions.
To manage and execute legal content projects, training and knowledge initiatives for the B&F practice group within the context of the firm's knowledge strategy.
To make first-class knowledge easily available to lawyers, increasing the quality, consistency and/or cost-effectiveness of the advice that Baker McKenzie gives its clients. Including:
- Precedents. Draft, develop and automate B&F precedents.
- Work product. Collect and input the group's work product into the firm's global repository of knowledge and populate global, multi-jurisdictional databases and resources.
- B&F skills training. Prepare, support and deliver training programs and develop training materials that are aligned with the firm's training strategy.
- Advice and Current Awareness. Support the B&F practice with legal expertise on an as-needed basis including regularly drafting alerts on legal and market/deal developments and acting as editor/writer/researcher of the firm's publications.
- Business development/thought leadership/profile. Assist in the development of thought leadership initiatives, drafting articles and legal content for proposals or other business development resources.
- KM strategy. Assist in development and implementation of the group's knowledge plan in line with the firm's knowledge strategy; support, implement and communicate the firm's knowledge strategy to the group and actively participate in the firm's knowledge projects and initiatives.
- Relationship building. Build relationships with key stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region and build greater KM community connections in the Asia Pacific region and globally.
- Operational enhancements. Improve efficiency and quality of the delivery of our B&F legal services. Actively contribute to operational enhancement initiatives, particularly with respect to offshore service centers/alternative timekeepers, integrated use of project managers and other technology tools.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer with at least 5 years' post qualification experience with direct involvement in B&F transactions, particularly cross-border B&F. The ideal candidate should have a current license to practice law (or eligibility for one), preferably admitted in a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
We want individuals who has excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment, and working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution. They should have excellent time management and organizing skills, have the ability to prioritise and manage time to meet deadlines. Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills are also important.
If you are self motivated and excited to be part of a leading law firm in Singapore, then we would like to hear from you.