Assistant Company Secretary
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join a busy Oil & Energy provider based in central London.
I'm looking to speak to an Assistant Company Secretary with ICSA / ACIS qualification who will be providing high level support to the CEO, CFO, GCCS and Deputy Company Secretary (DCS) by managing numerous complex projects, assuming ownership for matters as and when appropriate.
Main responsibilities are to provide and manage a full and complex range of tasks so that a timely, effective and efficient Company Secretarial function is maintained. Formal reporting line is to GCCS but day to day supervision and work allocation will be delegated to Deputy Company Secretary (DCS).
- Shareholders: To support the GCCS and DCS in managing the shareholder relationship.
- Board: To assist the GCCS and DCS in supporting the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors, to assist the GCCS and DCS in delivering Board effectiveness reviews, to assist the DCS in delivering Board induction and training programmes.
- Audit and Sustainability Committees: To manage meeting logistics and administration, to assist the DCS in: overseeing the design and maintenance of the annual work programme and meetings calendar; managing the agenda and committee pack preparation, approval and despatch processes, communicating relevant decisions to senior management.
- Governance: To develop and support good group governance practices, to provide advice and support to the CEO, CFO, GCCS and DCS as required, to provide advice to colleagues as required, to clarify and confirm internal authorisation requirements for specific matters, to maintain relevant policies and procedures, to assist the DCS in preparing the annual review of compliance for Board approval, communicating relevant changes to senior management and monitoring implementation.
- Board Meetings: To manage meeting logistics and administration, to assist the DCS in: overseeing the design and maintenance of the annual work programme and meetings calendar; preparing the CEO's report to the Board; managing the agenda and board pack preparation, approval and despatch processes, communicating relevant decisions to senior management.
- Annual Report and Accounts: To assist the DCS in preparing relevant corporate governance sections.
- Experience of working in a Company Secretarial team
- Experience of working with Board directors and Senior Management
- Experience of working with international teams
To be considered for this role you will be an Assistant Company Secretary with 3+ years experience, completed a law degree and ICSA / ACIS qualifications. Good skills using Blueprint OneWorld and electronic board books system e.g. Diligent. You will be able to work effectively in a fast paced team environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key to your ongoing success.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.