In House Commercial Paralegal
This international pharmaceutical company based in Newcastle upon Tyne are in need of further support form an In House Commercial Paralegal.
As an In House Commercial Paralegal you will:
- Manage the GEMs database (document storage system)
- Engage with teams to take leading role in the execution of contracts via DocuSign system
- Liaise with customers and agencies in relation to the preparation, review and negotiation of CDA's, consultancy contracts and such other agreements required by the team
- Set up and manage the SharePoint site
- Provide support to the team on corporate matters as required from time to time
- Provide support on company secretarial matters and engage with external company secretarial service providers
- Provide admin and logistical support to the team such as researching, drafting, checking documents
- Provide ad hoc legal support to the team as required from time to time
- To act with the highest integrity at all times and in line with the Company handbook and the company's values and culture, to provide a best, first class service.
- Keep up to date with UK Company laws to ensure we are in full compliance
- Possession of a Law Degree (UK) is essential for this role
- Knowledge of English law or other common law jurisdiction is essential
- Fluency to business level in English, both written and spoken is key
- Demonstrable experience of a UK (or other common law) legal working environment is advantageous, as is the ability to understand common law commercial contracts
- Self-motivated to drive projects forward
- Well organised and pro-active
- Logical and process-minded with a keen eye for detail
- Inquisitive and unafraid to challenge the status quo or key internal and external stakeholders (who may be more senior)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with all parts of the business including the executive leadership team
- An individual who takes a common-sense approach in their day to day work and has the confidence to make well balanced and informed decisions with practical benefits
- The capacity for periodic travel between UK offices is a requirement of this role.
- Ideally have previous experience of working with SharePoint / other contract data base.
- Excellent IT skills, including use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideally have experience in dealing with company secretarial matters.
£18,000-£25,000 + 15% bonus