Monitoring Trustee Senior Manager
The Monitoring Trustee team is a dynamic and multidisciplinary consultancy team comprising lawyers, financial analysts, management consultants, accountants and economists, which provides companies, legal advisors and regulatory authorities with advice on the design, implementation and monitoring of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and state aid cases. The team works on the monitoring of remedies given in highest profile global mergers involving global and listed companies, and the world’s most prominent competition authorities (e.g., the European Commission, the UK Competition & Markets Authority (“CMA”), the US Department of Justice, the Chinese State Administration for Market Regulation and several authorities in Latin America).
The Senior Manager would be a lawyer with 1-4 years PQE, ideally with experience from a leading law firm or competition authority. The candidate would be expected to participate in the active growth of our monitoring trustee practice by working on multiple client engagements, and support business development activities on key opportunities.
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary engagement team delivering monitoring trustee work
- Manage project execution and delivery of monitoring trustee engagements, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed timeline and budget
- Ensure prompt and effective communications with internal/external contacts;
- Prepare notes and reports within agreed timescales ensuring timely execution and precision and ensuring all instructions have been carried out accurately;
- Plan, organise and prioritise work activities to ensure targets and quality standards are met
- Be proactive in dealing with outstanding matters on the assignments;
- Work with monitoring trustee managers / directors and the partner team to develop our product offerings, and marketing to external clients. Prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the monitoring trustee team’s budget;
- Other work of an administrative nature or project work to ensure the smooth running of the business;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of competition law and remedies policy.
- Assist in the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff.
- Experience in the competition law and regulatory sectors, ideally in advisory, compliance or regulatory roles.
- Experience/knowledge of one or more of the following:
- The UK or EU competition law regulatory framework, covering both existing and forthcoming regulations. Specifically knowledge of the European Commission, the CMA or any other national competition authority and their role in a merger or anti-trust context, and the implementation of remedies;
- Review of transaction agreements in large, complex M&A transactions including licensing, distribution, patent and IP related agreements;
- Drafting and/or review of reports, policies and procedures.
- Strong management skills and ability to develop and maintain internal and external network of contacts;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present effectively to senior level client executives and competition agency staff;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting skills and communication skills both oral and written;
- Ability to work as a team as well as manage projects independently;
- Sets high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development;
- IT skills including use of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic and demonstrates a positive attitude towards change;
- Adaptable to changing demands and priorities;
- Willingness to travel, including at short notice;
- Actively support business development;
- Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
- Educated to degree level with a post graduate qualification in finance, law or business
- Qualification as a lawyer with 1-2 years or 4+ years PQE, ideally with experience from a leading law firm or competition authority
- Fluency in at least one language in addition to English (in particular, Portuguese or Spanish) would be a bonus but not a requirement
For a confidential coversation in relation to this role, please contact Christian Fell (Recruitment Manager - Mazars) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07771341588