- Seeking an In-House corporate/ commercial lawyer
- Work in a superb legal team in a highly interesting organisation
About Our Client
Chemring is a market leading manufacturing business supplying high technology electronics and energetic products to over 50 countries around the world. Chemring operates in two market sectors.
- Countermeasures & Energetics - Countermeasures for the protection of aircraft, ships and land platforms and specialist energetics.
- Sensors & Information - Equipment to detect, disable and defeat the threats posed by explosive devices, chemical and biological agents and technologies for detecting, intercepting and jamming electronic communications.
The UK head office is situated to the north of Southampton. Chemring has sites around the UK in the South and Scotland, and internationally in America, Australia and Norway.
This is a corporate role based at the UK head office, directly accountable to the Deputy General Counsel for the provision of a range of effective legal services and advice to the group's businesses, in order to ensure that the organisation carries out its statutory obligations. The jobholder will be expected to work within a small legal and company secretarial team.
- To draft, review and amend legal documents and contracts, as required, on behalf of the group's businesses, in order to ensure that all contracts entered into are legally sound and risks/liabilities associated therewith are minimised or mitigated as far as commercially possible
- To assist the Group Legal Department with the implementation of the Operational Framework across the group.
- To assist with the ongoing compliance with and awareness of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 within the group and assist in maintaining the data protection registrations for the group's UK businesses
- To assist the Group Legal Director with M&A activity to ensure that all newly-acquired businesses are briefed on and brought into compliance with the group's legal policies and procedures.
- To assist with the co-ordination and provision of legal advice, as required, in relation to any litigation involving the group's businesses.
- To assist with the group's export control compliance and keep up to date with any relevant developments
- To assist with the group's Bribery Act compliance processes and such other compliance processes and activities as may be required by the group from time to time.
- To assist with the provision and implementation of training, both online and in person, on a range of legal matters from time to time.
- To carry out research and prepare reports on new legislation which may impact on the group, and to co-ordinate the development of any new policies and procedures with may be required in order to achieve compliance.
- To provide legal advice and assistance on specific corporate projects as may be required from time to time.
- To maintain a general awareness of developments in all legal fields relevant to the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
- A qualified solicitor with at least two years post-qualification experience;
- In-house experience desired, though not a must;
- Up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of the law relevant to the job;
- Ability to drive innovation within the function;
- Willingness to work flexibly within a small team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Accuracy and an eye for detail;
- Keen interest in the group's business and operations.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer.
Ref Code: MPTW13963365Z