e-Discovery Review Manager
Elevate is recruiting for an e-Discovery Review Manager with at least 5 years’ relevant experience, for a six-month contract position based in Leeds.
- Document Review Management
- Advise case teams on the design and planning of e-discovery exercises across a variety of different matter types including litigation and transactional due diligence.
- Conduct client IT interviews to assess corporate information technology infrastructure and storage practices.
- Consult with legal teams to ensure efficient document review practices and advise on the application of technology to all phases of the discovery lifecycle.
- Create cost estimates and timeline forecasts for each phase of discovery and monitor progress and prepare project status reports and conduct project status meetings.
- Manage review communications and relationships between case teams, review teams, clients and other parties as necessary to ensure smooth and timely completion of each review exercise.
- Team Management & Service Development
- Lead and manage review teams working across multiple document review exercises and lead the training and development of in-house review resources.
- Develop, deliver and maintain accurate documentation and process manuals for all document review processes.
- Develop and execute communication and marketing plans to expand use of the e-discovery / document review service across the firm.
- Performance Improvement
- Monitor the performance of document review teams and processes and identify opportunities for improvement initiatives.
- Work with process improvement and experts to design initiatives that will drive measurable improvements in quality, speed and efficiency of document review processes.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have the drive, energy and creativity to help lead the development of e-discovery and document review services in a new Legal Services Centre for a global law firm.
- Can bring at least 5 years’ litigation or e-discovery project management experience, managing document reviews involving review teams of up to 50.
- Are a qualified lawyer with some experience of litigation and/or other practice areas where e-discovery and document review exercises were deployed.
Skills and Attributes:
- Superb case/project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality of client service.
- Leadership skills necessary to lead, motivate and develop teams delivering fast-paced document review services.
- Experience of driving improvement in the performance of e-discovery and document review processes through the use of technology and process improvement techniques.
- Bachelor's degree, law degree or MBA preferred.
- Admitted solicitor/Bar registered (active membership).
- Process improvement qualification (Lean 6 sigma) preferred.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.