Legal Counsel - Europe
Our client, a global operator and developer of carrier and cloud data centres, is seeking an experienced Commercial Legal Counsel to join the team. The individual will be UK qualified solicitor, having a top-tier private practice background and experience gained in-house, including on secondment, in the cloud/ software/ technologies industries.
Reporting to the General Counsel and advising on day-to-day and strategic deals and partnerships, the successful candidate will:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of high value commercial agreements including SaaS, licenses, & cloud hosting agreements;
- Advise stakeholders on data protection, including reviewing and negotiating agreements related to data processing and supporting data privacy processes, policies and issues;
- Identify legal and commercial risk for the business, whilst designing best practices and policies to mitigate risk
The successful candidate will have/be;
- A UK qualified lawyer 4+ PQE, ideally both from a top-tier law firm as well as in-house;
- Excellent technical drafting skills with the ability to adapt to new commercial business models;
- Good understanding of GDPR and related processes, policies and contractual undertakings;
- Ability to provide timely, practical and commercially focused advice; and
- Team player with the confidence and ability to build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the business.
For more information and a confidential conversation, please contact Robert Walters on 02075098736.