Business Lawyer (Manager)
Are you a Lawyer with 3+ years' PQE?
Do you have corporate and commercial experience?
Would you like to work in-house within a unique accountancy practice?
This Top 15 Chartered Accountancy firm is seeking an experienced 3+ years' PQE Business Lawyer to join their small legal team. In this position, you will manage a range of corporate and commercial matters from initial instruction through to conclusion within the London region.
As a Business Lawyer, you will advise and assist on:
- Corporate and transactional matters, including business sales, acquisitions, restructures, and MBOs;
- Company matters, shareholder agreements, company secretarial matters and EMIs;
- Commercial matters, including commercial contracts, intellectual property and GDPR;
- Non-contentious employment law matters such as employment contracts, service agreements and settlement agreements.
In this varied and dynamic role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Accountant and Tax teams to provide a full service on corporate transactions and restructure matters;
- Develop and manage relationships with other managers within the business;
- Have active involvement in all Business Development opportunities to expand the legal practice;
- Give estimates of costs to new clients and be responsible for managing costs throughout all matters;
- Liaise with clients, commercial agents, business sale brokers, other professionals and opposing solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction;
- Be responsible for all file opening and AML procedures and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in relation to the same.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years' PQE in corporate and commercial work;
- Have a strong understanding of non-contentious business and transactional issues;
- Have excellent knowledge of business drivers, legal, regulatory and business risks of owner managed businesses;
- Corporate transactional work and general commercial law;
- Good time management and personal organisation;
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team.
Contact me today to apply as interviews are ongoing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7269 6367.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance, ProHR and ProMarketing.