Professional Support Lawyer
Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) - Professional Indemnity / Commercial Insurance Litigation 2-6 PQE
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT LAWYER - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY - MANCHESTER
Professional Support Lawyer - A professional support lawyer (PSL) is currently required by the Manchester office of this top tier firm. Ideally PSL candidates should have between 2 and 6 years PQE in areas such as professional indemnity (professional negligence) or other areas of litigation such as product liability. Legal Executives with the right experience will also be considered.
- Job Title: Professional Support Lawyer (PSL)
- Location: Manchester
- Salary:£40,000 - £50,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous experience: A professional support lawyer preferably with a background in professional indemnity. Other areas of commercial insurance such as product liability will be considered rather than areas of more general insurance litigation such as RTA / Motor or EL/PL
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT LAWYER - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Though not a fee earning role, any professional support lawyer plays a vital role within any law firm. They are responsible for maintaining the firm's knowhow, including managing their suite of precedent documents as well as keeping up to date with the latest changes in statute or developments in case law. The role also involves supporting business development initiatives as well as publishing updates and assisting with on-going staff training.
Other duties include:
- Providing legal research and other kinds of support for the fee earners within the team;
- Preparing legal publications and e-shots where necessary including case law updates and general market commentaries for fee earners and clients alike;
- Helping to prepare internal and external seminars where necessary.
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE LITIGATION - WHO SHOULD APPLY
Candidates intending to apply for this PSL position should be able to demonstrate a strong fee earning background in professional indemnity or potentially product liability. However, more general areas of insurance litigation such as RTA and EL/PL will not be considered.
Other candidate attributes include:
- A clear technical understanding of the law as well as its practical application;
- The ability to multitask and prioritise and assist in various areas of the team's support;
- A keen attention to detail.
This a varied, challenging and rewarding role within the professional indemnity team. Should you feel you have the right experience, please apply as soon as possible.