MATCH Hospitality and the Byrom group of companies specialise in the delivery of corporate hospitality for major sporting events globally and are in particular the exclusive rights holder for the production, sale and delivery of hospitality packages for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™, the biggest corporate hospitality programme in world sport. The group offers and delivers a range of other services to the organisers of sporting events, including ticketing services, IT solutions, accommodation services and ground transportation services, for events ranging from the Ryder Cup golf tournament, the 2022 Tokyo Olympics, the CONCACAF Gold Cup, The ATP tennis tournament, F1, The British Open golf, the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019 and the Welsh Rally.
Byrom plc is a family owned and managed business which has been operating since 1991. Byrom and MATCH Hospitality have offices in Manchester, London, Zurich, Moscow, Barcelona, Rio and Johannesburg and will shortly be commencing their commercial activities in Doha.
- Based from the Cheadle headquarters and reporting to the group head of legal. Working within a legal team that will comprise two other legal team members based in Qatar;
- Predominant focus will be the FIFA World Cup Hospitality Programme but supporting in all aspects of the groups operational legal requirements;
- structuring, assessment, negotiation, completion/delivery, review and drafting of domestic and international business contracts;
- Willingness to travel on business to the London office HQ for MATCH Hospitality and in due course to Qatar
- providing executive summaries of commercial legal matters, potential litigation, external legal advice for the benefit of board and senior management;
- attending telephone conferences and meetings with operational teams and third-party suppliers internationally;
- drafting high level correspondence and communications;
- reviewing and advising on marketing collateral and website content;
- providing strategic legal advice and guidance on domestic and international compliance matters (including data protection, GDPR, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Modern Slavery Act 2015);
- liaising with local counsel in Qatar and elsewhere on various domestic legal matters such as commercial contracts, litigation matters, compliance etc
- providing ad hoc intellectual property law advice and employment law advice and review of software and IT related contracts;
- supporting and advising the business on tender production and responses;
- involvement in event-day operations;
- dealing with customer issues/complaints both during and post-event; and
- dealing with pre- and post-event litigation matters.
- qualified lawyer preferably with in-house experience but commercial private practice also
- commercially minded team player with strong inter personal skills in dealing with both external counsel, external clients, and a wide range of international colleagues at all levels of the business from board and shareholder level downwards
- ability to work independently
- ability to work under pressure in a multi time-zone environment
- good commercial awareness and flexibility
- Enthusiastic about sport and travel!
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.