A multinational consulting firm with a turnover of over €19bn in 2017 is seeking a commercial lawyer to join the growing team as Legal Counsel at their UK Head Office in Luton. Part-time applicants will be considered.
The business is a leading global player in its field and, with a new legal structure now in place, represents a fantastic opportunity for a commercial lawyer seeking to get involved in a variety of legal work as well as offer practical commercial advice. There is a good sized, collaborative team, a strong support network and a Head of Legal keen on personal development.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, the Legal Counsel will be the dedicated legal contact for a key business area within the group. The role will include:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts across the business;
- Assisting with litigation matters (prior contentious experience would be beneficial but NOT necessary);
- Providing general legal and commercial advice to the sales and marketing functions as well as key stakeholders;
- Advising on legal risk and helping appropriate departments manage and reduce any issues; and
- Acting as the main point of contact to key business lines, attending client meeting as representative of the legal team.
You will be a commercial lawyer with a strong commercial contracts background, seeking to work in a large business and take on a more involved, commercial role. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your commercial acumen to help direct key business lines within the organisation. Corporate lawyers with transferable contracts experience and seeking a more generalist role will also be considered. This role is open to lawyers seeking to work on a part-time basis.