BANKING PARALEGAL - TRADING FLOOR (£200 PER DAY / 6-MONTH CONTRACT)
Our client is a rapidly growing business within one of Europe's fastest growing Banking and Financial Markets and Change Management consultancy houses. Services cover all aspects of structured product manufacturing ranging from Legal Documentation, Transaction Management and Product Governance services, to Platform technology management and business consulting. The core mission is to enable their clients to comply with regulatory obligations, transform and simplify their operations, reduce their costs and adopt innovative business model and technologies.
This role sits within the Legal & Regulatory team. The team provides support to the Structured Products business at several Tier One European Investment Banks, providing legal and drafting support across a range of products and business lines. The role will involve providing paralegal support across multiple legal advice and contractual diligence projects for our clients and/or the management of their current pipeline of contractual negotiations. It will involve the project management, drafting, review and negotiation of a range of agreements used by structured products businesses, which will require a candidate that has a legal background, strong organisational skills, and the ability to manage project timelines.
The successful candidate may be expected to:
- Draft and prepare agreements and notices as part of a Brexit repapering exercise, working with the Client’s Legal and external counsel to produce client specific documents using the appropriate template;
- Project manage the repapering exercise, recording progress and issues to facilitate regular progress reports to Legal and Front Office teams;
- Prepare and review distribution agreements, review counterparty comments and prepare appropriate responses;
- Manage the negotiation process distribution agreements, coordinating with the client’s Legal, Sales and Compliance teams;
- Provide support in the production of a negotiation play-book which sets out acceptable fallbacks and negotiation points;
- Analyse legal advice on the offering of structured products into different jurisdictions and prepare gap analysis against their client’s internal requirements; and
- Prepare a standard form of diligence questionnaire to address gaps in existing advice; and
The role will involve direct interaction with the client’s internal Legal team and Front Office contacts in Sales, Structuring and Trading. The candidate will also work with external counsel when required to agree and adapt template agreements as appropriate.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Paralegal within the financial industry or within a law firm Experience in legal diligence review projects and/or repapering exercises Highly organized and extremely detail oriented Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills Excellent communication skills
Experience working on structured products and derivative transactions Familiarity with distribution agreements or similar counterparty negotiations Knowledge of structured products and the surrounding European regulations Fluency in German, French or Italian
If you are interested in this position please forward a current copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting reference JCI011/19