About Our Client
The NEC Group is one of the world's top venue management companies, operating the NEC, the ICC, the VOX Conference Centre, Resorts World Arena and Arena Birmingham. It also manages a range of support services including the national ticketing agency, The Ticket Factory; its hospitality brand, Amplify; and the award-winning caterer, Amadeus. The NEC Group has been bringing Live to Life© for over 40 years.
The opportunity offers a broad range of responsibilities including the opportunity to work on a wide range of important commercial projects within the business, including venue licence agreements, sponsorship and media agreements, commercial contracts, supply, IT and procurement contracts together with advising on issues such as IPR, data protection and competition law.
This role will also involve you acting as a legal stakeholder in the business, making a positive contribution to team development and taking responsibility for wider business needs. Most importantly, the role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to really develop their commercial and business acumen and to become a trusted and integral member of a number of key commercial teams with the NEC Group. The vacancy offers a varied workload in an innovative and fast moving commercial setting.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing general commercial legal advice to the Group. This will include, drafting, negotiating, and advising on commercial contracts and agreements relating to IPR, data processing, media, joint ventures and corporate law
- Being a dedicated "first port of call" for legal advice for individual Business Units and managing and coordinating legal support for your particular Business Units
- Developing and maintaining legal precedents to ensure that they reflect current business practice and new legal developments
- Providing a wide range of legal training within the Group including data protection, competition law, compliance matters and general contracting principles
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will thrive on the chance to do new things and continuously grow their knowledge and experience.
The NEC Group is looking for a candidate who is/ has:
- A qualified Solicitor with 3 years plus PQE and strong academics
- Training and experience at a top tier firm or in-house
- A skilled communicator and capable of interacting with the business at all levels
- Strong technical ability and excellent Commercial drafting and negotiation skills is essential though prior in-house experience is not necessary
- Happy to work as part of a pro-active team, but without supervision when required - you will be working in a supportive environment and in a team that is committed to continuing development and legal excellence
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-profile and progressive business at a level which offers great scope to carve out a successful career within the organisation. You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work autonomously in a supportive and fun environment.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTW13980304Z