In-house Lawyer - Dubai - Financial trading Brokerage Firm - Need Arabic
Our client is a global financial trading brokerage company based in Dubai. Their senior experts work with high net worth clients, top tier banks, prime brokerages and technology providers within the brokerage industry. They are looking for a number two to report into the head of legal. You can be based in Dubai or in Jordan with this role. Arabic is a must but you will also need to have a strong background in drafting contracts in both languages to an excellant business level standard..
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the Group’s Chief Legal Officer informed of any material legal issues and matters faced by the Firm.
- Counsels the Board and other senior management with respect to the legal implications of the Firm's major decisions, strategies and transactions.
- Serves as a key adviser to the Board on issues of Firm governance, risk management, Firm growth, policy implementation, internal and external communications relating to sensitive matters, strategic planning and execution, and special projects.
- Provides day-to-day advice and counsel to Firm’ senior administrative staff with respect to matters of Firm policy, risk management and, in conjunction with designated loss prevention and ethics specialists, professional responsibility matters.
- Negotiates or reviews and approves all contracts and agreements between the Firm and employees or any third parties.
- With the assistance of inside special counsel, ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to employment relationships, employee benefit programs, intellectual property rights and obligations, and professional responsibilities.
- Coordinates and supervises all inside special counsel engaged to represent the Firm with respect to the resolution of potential claims against the Firm.
- Coordinates and supervises all outside legal counsel engaged to represent the Firm with respect to asserted claims or legal proceedings.
- Maintains contact and relationships with external counsel.
- Serves as a legal advisor to the CEO, the Board and designated task forces and advisory committees regarding strategic planning, practice management, knowledge management and ancillary businesses.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects assigned from time to time by the CEO.
- Oversees and assists in the implementation of all meetings of the Board.
- Assists the Group’s Chief Legal Officer in achieving the implementation of Group policy and procedures.