Our client is one of the largest British based housebuilding companies. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
- Dealing with all aspects of the conveyancing sale process from start to finish, ie from compiling and sending out papers with exchange deadlines, to completions for the sale of new homes in accordance with our client's group legal disciplines
- To be self-sufficient in generating correspondence and dealing with enquiries, attending to pre-exchange, pre-completion and post completion matters.
- Submitting to Land Registry and Local Authority Master Conveyance Plans for approval.
- Achieving department set performance targets for the dispatch of contracts, exchanges and completions and assist the achievement of targets set by the Business Units.
- Producing and supplying information/documents/reports that is logical, accurate and in the correct format whilst maintaining high standards of presentation issued by the department.
- Attending to all non-routine matters and queries which arise either before during or following the sale of individual plots or the development.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of team work flow, including attending departmental and business units meetings along with other briefings to assess current and future needs.
- Filing and file-keeping.
- To comply with all professional standards and training requirements (where necessary).
- To proactively progress the transactions working alongside colleagues within the team to reach completion and exchange deadlines.
- To maintain a diary scheduler which will include comprehensive plot progression together with weekly reports on the progress of each new home.
- To ensure that all matters of administration allocated to the Estate Conveyancer in connection with Plot Conveyancing and/or the Department are carried out in a professional manner and in appropriate timescales.
To provide guidance to the Conveyancing Assistants, Legal Admin Assistants and Legal Secretary together with support to the other Estate Conveyancers, Assistant Divisional Legal Manager and Divisional Legal Manager.
Previous experience in a plot sales environment OR a detailed understanding of the residential property environment and having a minimum of three years relevant experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of the conveyancing processes is essential.
Experience in handling high volume work and the ability to remain calm and collected.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is important.
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and to analyse complex legal issues quickly and decisively.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive list of Company Benefits.