Senior Legal Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel
Application due: 01/02/2019
Are you ambitious and powered by complex challenges? We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to support our drilling business, and work closely with the entire Maersk Drilling organisation. Join us for an exciting career in a company committed to moving the boundaries of one of the world's most intriguing high-tech industries. You will engage in challenging international legal work with exposure to senior management within Maersk Drilling. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic company, where you will get close to the business and have the opportunity to make a real impact.
As Senior Legal Counsel in Maersk Drilling you will work closely with the business to achieve our ambitious goals. The legal department supports all aspects of Maersk Drilling.
You will be offered a rare opportunity to gain insight into a very international business and to participate in challenging international legal work with exposure to senior management within Maersk Drilling.
Maersk Drilling's corporate head office is located in Lyngby, Denmark, and you will be part of a department with 10 highly specialised lawyers who support Maersk Drilling. The position is based on local terms and conditions.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect, and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
You will be responsible for providing first class legal support to Maersk Drilling.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts relating to all Maersk Drilling’s activities, including drilling contracts with major international oil companies as well as partners and sub-contractors
- Setting up corporate structures in new areas of operation and advising on day-to-day matters, often in complex countries
- Working closely with major international law firms in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia
- Advising on and handling legal disputes arising in Maersk Drilling
- Translate complex legal concepts to stakeholders in other departments within Maersk Drilling
- Understanding and communicating liability and risk profiles across the asset portfolio
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate has knowledge of, and at least 6+ years’ experience from, either a law firm or an international organisation.
In addition, you have broad experience with contract law and international contracts. Preferably you also have knowledge of English and/or Norwegian law as the majority of our contracts are governed by English or Norwegian law. Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have knowledge of company and maritime law and experience within the offshore industry.
As a person you are
- A high performer who thrives in a challenging and often unpredictable business environment
- A skilled negotiator
- Analytical and good at focusing on what is important even when faced with complex issues
- Able to handle and prioritize many tasks at the same time
- Very commercially minded
- Team oriented
- Self-driven and willing to take on individual responsibility for your work
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Able to travel 30-60 days a year
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we may close the ad prior to the advertised close date. Therefore we encourage you to apply online as soon as possible.
Only applications submitted via the "Apply for position" button on the job ad will be reviewed. Applications submitted to the contact below will not be reviewed or forwarded.
For additional information please contact Associate General Counsel, Peter Burhøj at Peter.Burhoj@maerskdrilling.com