Head of Legal Services
Elevate is recruiting for a Head of Legal Services with at least 15 years relevant experience, for a permanent position based in Leeds.
- Collaborate with head of centre on strategy and strategy implementation.
- Oversee the transition of work from existing legal practices and offices and the design of new services offerings to be provided by the legal services centre.
- Liaise with operational counterparts globally to continue to optimise the quality of client service delivery.
- Instigate and oversee a management reporting methodology that supports analysis and continuous improvement of performance of operational and customer facing processes.
- Manage, support and inspire direct reports and team leads responsible for HR, Continuous improvement and various elements of legal services delivery.
- Lead the development and adoption of a set of values and behaviours designed to underpin the Legal Services Centre’s mission to improve the delivery of legal services.
- 15 years’ service delivery experience and at least 5 years’ experience in a senior service delivery management role within a legal services or professional services organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of core legal practice areas within a law firm environment.
- Experience of building credibility and trust will a diverse and challenging business stakeholder group.
- Experience of driving improvement in the performance of legal services delivery processes through the use of technology and process improvement techniques.
- Experience of building and leading multidisciplinary teams in a legal or professional services environment.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a curious, creative and innovative mind set.
- Capable of autonomously creating compelling documents, reports, business case and presentation materials for senior leadership. As such must have both excellent MS Office skills (especially Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and authoring skills.
- Leadership skills necessary to build, motivate and manage a team through inception to high performance operation.
- Bachelor's degree, law degree or MBA preferred.
- Lean six sigma or similar performance improvement qualification.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.