VP, Group Operations and Reporting (Corporate Governance)
VP, Group Operations and Reporting (Corporate Governance) – Fantastic in house opportunity with the largest bank in the UAE.
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
We are actively seeking ambitious corporate governance professionals to join the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, First Abu Dhabi Bank’s international network spans over 19 countries across the world, providing the global relationships, expertise and financial strength to support local, regional and international businesses seeking to do business at home and abroad. We are committed to put customers first, to Grow Stronger and support the growth ambitions of our stakeholders across countries in which the bank operates. This is a successful and growing financial institution that offers excellent exposure to an impressive array of both regional and global clients.
- Developing and maintaining the Group management committee structure to ensure alignment and quality in the operation of the Group committees, and to work with the Group CRO and delegates to develop and maintain an efficient committee structure that evolves with the needs of the Group.
- Ensuring that the disclosures by the Bank are to the highest international standards and that the Bank’s relationship on corporate governance issues with the regulator is strong.
- Developing a strong policy creation body that ensures that the Group policies created are consistent and fit within a strong policy framework of well drafted policies that are effectively communicated across the Group.
- Responsible for ensuring that executive and senior management are fully familiar with corporate governance as a discipline and of emerging trends in the corporate governance.
- To coordinate with different stakeholders e.g. the Board Secretary and offices of Senior Management as and when necessary to ensure Corporate Governance matters are addressed efficiently.
- To interact with all relevant stakeholders including the Central Bank of the UAE, the External Auditors, the Securities and Commodities Authority to address any inquiries related to Corporate Governance, including but not limited to quarterly reports to the Central Bank on the Board of Directors ownership, act as a focal point of contact to provide Corporate Governance documents to the CBUAE examiners.
- To assist the Head of Corporate Governance in reviewing memberships, performance, qualification of members, chairmanship, secretary, output and effectiveness of all committees within the Group and measure effectiveness.
- Provide full support to the business locally and internationally pre and post-merger to address their regulators queries and processes.
- Overseeing a robust framework of disclosure and reporting for the Group.
- Working with the businesses to ensure that policies are created, approved and maintained and that their existence is communicated Group wide, and to act as custodian for them.
- Developing research and working with stakeholders to deliver and provide an assessment of that CG research and assess its impact upon the Group.
Reports to: Head of Corporate Governance
This opportunity is suitable for an ambitious Corporate Governance personnel looking for a step-up from the current role, it offers an excellent long-term career and team environment with one of the World’s largest financial Institutions, based in Abu Dhabi with its year round sunshine, great beaches and fabulous tax benefits.
To apply, please email Serena Paul on email@example.com with a copy of your CV quoting “VP, Group Operations and Reporting (Corporate Governance)” as reference.