German-speaking, Commercial Lawyer - 2-4 years’ PQE*
London or Epsom
KLDiscovery is an industry-leading provider of information solutions in eDiscovery and data recovery. The company provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities manage, search, analyse and produce data to meet legal needs efficiently and cost-effectively.
KLDiscovery resulted from the acquisition of the Kroll Ontrack businesses by LDiscovery in December 2016. LDiscovery was founded in 2005 and enjoyed rapid growth. KLDiscovery is recognised as one of the fastest growing companies in North America (Inc. 5000™ and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™). With over 40 offices across the US, Europe and Asia and headquartered in Virginia, the Executive is spread across various global locations.
KLDiscovery’s GC, who is based in London, is now looking to appoint a commercial lawyer to work alongside him and the two US based lawyers, and advise on a range of risk, compliance and legal issues. In this role, you will focus on the EMEA region but will also help the US and APAC businesses. In Europe, Germany is KLDiscovery’s second biggest market after the UK, so the ability to converse and negotiate in German will be essential. In addition, you will provide valuable support to all other European offices, including regular overseas trips, so a willingness to travel is also important.
This is a newly created role. Reporting to the GC, you could be based either in KLDiscovery’s City office or in Epsom, home of the data recovery business. The ability to work from home, once or twice a week, is also an option once established.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Advising on the development of new products and services
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating standard and non-standard contracts, ranging from client services and SaaS agreements to NDA’s
- Developing and enhancing compliance processes
- Supervising and co-ordinating external counsel
- Assisting the GC on transactional matters and litigation management
- Keeping the business abreast of relevant legal and regulatory developments, such as data privacy and data protection laws, and providing training as necessary
To succeed in this exciting new role, you are likely to be a 2-4 year qualified* commercial lawyer, with a good working knowledge of IT/IP and data protection, who enjoys working as part of a team. A robust legal training, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the business will also be key to your success.
In return, KLDiscovery is offering a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to make your mark in a new role as part of a highly successful global business.
* The PQE indicated is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
For further information or to apply, please contact our exclusively retained consultants Nick Creed or Sam Baker at Baker Creed on 020 7871 1560 or email email@example.com. All direct or third party applications will be forwarded to Baker Creed for consideration.