Data and Digital Media Lawyer – 2-3 years’ PQE*
Learn more about Immediate Media!
Immediate is the special interest content and platform company. Today this fast-growing, multi-platform media business employs over 1400 people and owns and operates some of the UK’s best-loved brands from Radio Times and BBC Good Food to BikeRadar and MadeForMums.com. As well as being world-class at magazines, Immediate is increasingly world-class across a range of TV and digital platforms, creating exciting new experiences for over 20 million consumers each month.
Due to the continued growth and success of the business, the Director of Legal Affairs is now looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious lawyer for a newly-created role. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will form part of a close-knit, highly-regarded legal team based at the company’s state of the art UK headquarters in Hammersmith, London.
In this exciting role your primary responsibility will be to advise and assist the whole business on data matters as well as supporting the fast-growing digital team and TV channels. In particular, your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on data risk, privacy and protection matters
- Providing training to commercial teams on data compliance and developing processes and best practice in this area
- Supporting senior members of the legal team on drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, particularly with regards to digital and tech-related matters
To succeed in this role, you are likely to have 2-3 years’ PQE* with a strong academic background and thorough understanding and interest in data protection law (in particular the GDPR and ePrivacy Regulations) as well as a solid background in commercial contracts and IP. Personality-wise you must be a genuine team player who thrives under pressure and is able to combine technical expertise with commercial acumen and flair.
In return, Immediate is offering the successful candidate the chance to join a highly successful, award-winning business where career development and investment in people is taken very seriously.
* The PQE indicated is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
For further information or to apply, please contact our exclusively retained consultants Nick Creed or Sam Baker at Baker Creed on 020 7871 1560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All direct or third party applications will be forwarded to Baker Creed for consideration.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (East)
- Information Technology In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (East)
- Intellectual Property In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (East)
- Media/Entertainment/Sport In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (East)
- Data Protection In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (East)