In House Legal Counsel
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector.
We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance,
- Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is a leading provider of integrated transformation services to the financial services industry. With offices in the major financial centres in North America, Europe and Asia, Capco offers integrated consulting, processing services and products, engineered by financial services experts.
The firm has integrated capabilities in thought leadership, business strategy, process design, technology services, software components, sourcing, and ventures. Capco is renowned among the greatest financial institutions for its ability to initiate and deliver complex transformation projects encompassing processes, organization and technologies.
People working at Capco have outstanding expertise and experience in the financial services industry and combine this with innovative and creative new thinking. Innovation and creativity are key values throughout our organisation.
Due to growth in the business, we are seeking an Assistant Legal Counsel, based in London. You will be a member of Capco global legal team – focussing mainly on the Capco business in the UK.
You will report to the UK Legal Counsel as part of the Capco global legal team.
We offer a very challenging international, multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary working environment. Taking into account the small size of the legal team, you will have tremendous challenges, equally you will be able to make a difference and see the real impact of your work, and the opportunity to participate in the growth of a newly-independent company is unparalleled.
You will work closely with the business people and provide legal advice and support in the areas of commercial, corporate and employment law to Capco’s entities worldwide. You will advise our company leadership on legal risks associated with a broad range of financial services consulting engagements.
Your responsibilities will consist of assisting with the drafting, review and negotiation of a wide range of proposals and contracts, including professional services, software licensing, global framework agreements; subcontracts; cooperation agreements; IT agreements; managed services outsourcing and other IT related contracts in an international context, often under tight timescales. In addition, you will also advise on tenders and RFP responses and provide legal support to Capco’s subsidiaries worldwide and work with internal and external counsel to establish and maintain the IP portfolio. You will take the initiative and be comfortable leading negotiations and discussions with clients and suppliers.
You will also be responsible for managing the group’s legal risk by implementing and enforcing rules of internal governance and compliance, including assisting with the preparation of policies and guidelines.
You will have a commercial awareness of the business issues facing the organisation and the ability to deal with problems in a practical and common-sense way. Familiarity with consulting and complex IT outsourcing contracts a distinct advantage, as is in-depth understanding and experience of cutting-edge technology products.
We are looking for a commercially astute individual who has the ability to engage and communicate well with key stake-holders both internally and externally, and with the ability to make practical decisions and work in a fast-paced environment. It is important that you can demonstrate strong negotiation skills and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- You have a relevant qualification in law, or significant post-graduation experience in law.
- You will have relevant post qualification experience gained either in-house or in a reputable City law firm.
- You have strong drafting and negotiating skills and enjoy reviewing, negotiating and commenting on commercial IT contracts. Good knowledge of TMT law, employment law and/or commercial law is definitely considered a plus.
- Working experience that exposed you to a multi-jurisdictional environment and/or working experience in a consulting firm, purchase or vendor management department at a financial institution is considered an asset.
- English is your working language. Knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset.
- You have a strong personality and you can cope with a tough negotiation environment. You are business and results orientated, and you enjoy working in an international and multicultural environment. You work effectively with people at all levels.
- You have the ability to facilitate deals and get things done quickly and accurately, but also to maintain focus over longer-term deal-making. You are stress resistant and are able to manage a high workload across jurisdictions and time zones. While working independently and with minimal supervision, you prove at the same time to be a real team player with the business and have a sense for escalating matters as and when required.
- You like to take initiative and have a proactive approach. You are alert, flexible and a quick learner. You have a very positive and open attitude.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (mainly to Brussels, Frankfurt, Paris, New York and potentially Asia).
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will
transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clientsand employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partnersand directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
Capco offers a very attractive remuneration and benefits in line with your level of experience.