At Starling, we’re on a mission to help customers around the world live a healthier financial life and change banking forever. We have a world class team and we’re looking for an Employment Lawyer to join us.
While we are a fully licensed UK bank, we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Since our launch we have grown to having over 300k customers trusting us with over £100m of their money. We’ve also won the Best British Bank award, and grown our team to over 250 people, all based in our East London office.
Your new role:
We are looking for an Employment Lawyer to advise on contentious and non-contentious matters. You will support and will report directly into the Deputy General Counsel.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity for an employment lawyer to join a growing team and make a mark at one of the UK’s most exciting fintechs.
Your work will include:
- Employment law, incentives and share schemes, pensions, litigation and commercial contract support, delivering special projects, group wide initiatives and policy changes.
- Advising on regulatory issues associated with financial services and banking, including the SMCR and the Remuneration Code and advising the bank’s remuneration committee.
- Managing multiple projects and supporting colleagues to ensure business and enterprise-wide initiatives are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Instructing and working with outside counsel where necessary on specialist matters.
- 3-8 years PQE* from a law firm or financial institution with very strong technical employment law experience.
- Experience of banking and financial services.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and keen to grow and develop within the organisation.
- You will work well in a team and be ready to support all areas of the business.
In-house experience would be ideal but is not essential for the right candidate.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary (£60k to £100k)
*PQE is a guide only.