Head of Data Protection and Governance
Large utilities company based in Reading.
- Developing and delivering an ongoing GDPR training programme, including generic awareness and training, technical training, internal process training and role based training.
- Effectively leading and developing a team in adherence to HR policy and process; providing clear responsibilities and objectives, and monitoring progress.
- Subject matter expertise on GDPR, giving advice and support to the business.
- Establishing KPI metrics and producing regular reports and commentary; determining how these will be produced, and highlighting and investigating any areas of concern.
- Working closely with the business to develop and maintain various Data Privacy policies for customers and employees; ensuring these are communicated and relevant staff trained.
- Setting up an ongoing programme of communications structured by message, target audience and channel to keep Data Protection and Privacy at the front of mind.
The successful Head of Data Protection and Governance will have strong data protection and GDPR expertise; with an understanding of the principles of the regulation, and experience in implementing a programme with similar components.
You should have a strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
You will have experience in a comparable environment: compliance, assurance, audit or risk function within a large, matrixed organisation.
The Head of Data Protection and Governance will sit in a high-profile team, enjoying a varied role, which will provide exposure to all areas of the business as well as the opportunity to engage directly with senior management on important issues to the company and its customers.
- Great package with car allowance, competitive pension, healthcare, and bonus.