Legal Counsel Europe
Are you looking for a new challenge and career development?
Ardagh Group currently has a vacancy for a Legal Counsel Role in Group Legal.
As member of Group Legal, to ensure the prompt delivery of accurate legal advice in the fields of corporate, contract and general commercial law as well as compliance and litigation related matters. To manage the corporate housekeeping of a number of the group’s European subsidiaries and to ensure their overall compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Key contract for the drafting and review of the groups’ sale and contracts in Europe. To provide legal advice to the business in relation to claims and litigation matters of the group’s subsidiaries in the concerned jurisdictions that the position is responsible for.
- Implementation and continuous improvement of the group’s core legal principles in all sale agreements in Europe, including the preparation and review of global framework agreements;
- Ongoing training to the European sales teams of the group on contract law and the group’s contract and compliance policies;
- Corporate housekeeping of a number of the group’s European subsidiaries, including the United Kingdom;
- Management of litigation and support in claims handling in the concerned jurisdictions and supervising the external counsel;
- Legal advice to specific projects including financing, acquisitions as well as set up and closure of plants;
- Dawn raid trainings in the concerned jurisdictions.
The role will require regular travel.
- English Law Degree; additional degree in a continental European jurisdiction a distinct plus;
- At least 7 years of professional work experience in an international environment working on commercial matters;
- Sound knowledge of intellectual property/R&D related matters is a distinct plus;
- Expert knowledge in contract law;
- Legal generalist with capacity to adapt quickly to new fields of law/jurisdictions;
- Additional language skills are a distinct plus;
- Strong intercultural competences to interact with a team of lawyers of different jurisdictions;
- Strong communication skills to interact with commercial and operational teams.
What we offer
A truly international role within Group Legal Europe working for a dynamic, ever growing and changing business which is driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence.
We offer a competitive salary (including bonus).
A role profile is available on request
How to Apply
Please use the Apply button to set up a "My Profile" account with Ardagh Group and apply for the role.
If you require any assistance, please contact Jenny Clough via email Jenny.firstname.lastname@example.org