Senior Legal Counsel
Your new company
Working with a well established Legal Team within a Large Global organisation.
Your new role
Representing the EMEA region, the innovation company is looking to recruit a UK qualified lawyer of 7 to 10 years PQE* to be based at the European Headquarters in Berkshire. The role will report into the General Counsel.
The ideal candidate would have a high level of education and have trained at a reputable law firm. They would have a broad company/commercial/compliance background.
- Provision of legal and compliance advice and support
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal documents, including: manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements, software licence and maintenance agreements, framework agreements and supply chain agreements
- Work cross functionally with other corporate support functions
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes to ensure legal objectives are met
- Instruct and manage external legal advisors as required ensuring cost-effective, timely support
- Provide advice and support on regulatory compliance including anti-corruption, competition law and data protection matters
- Ensure the provision of training to the company on legal and compliance matters as appropriate
*PQE is for guidance only. Candidates with more or less PQE will be considered on merit.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have:
- A current practising certificate issued by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including persuasion, consulting and counselling skills, and the ability to clearly explain complex issues and concepts to non-lawyers
- An open and persuasive personality with presence and natural authority
- Excellent business judgement, strategic thinking and ability
- The ability to analyse complex business, technical and legal situations and develop and implement recommendations that meet the business, technical and legal needs of the company
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to diplomatically and effectively resolve issues
The successful candidate will be required to travel within the UK and overseas from time to time.
What you'll get in return
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, my client also provides an attractive benefits package, which is regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose from, including:
Company Funded Benefits:
- Excellent Holidays - 25 days with the opportunity to buy an additional 8 days per annum
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension paying up to 9%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Ample employee parking on site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly