In House Commercial Solicitor
Our client a Charity in the N West is looking to recruit an In House Commercial Solicitor to join their legal team.
The main responsibilities for the In House Commercial Solicitor role are as follows:
- Managing a range of contracts, including those for the supply of goods and services, service level agreements, housing management agreements, contracts with suppliers and standard terms and conditions.
- Reviewing and negotiating tender documentation, including publicly procured contracts and advising the Executive Team regarding risks and onerous terms.
- Dealing with property matters including drafting and negotiating heads of terms, leases and licences, dealing with disposals and legal charges, and ensuring statutory compliance in respect of all property related matters.
- Drafting procurement documentation relating to the supply of professional services, and other goods and services.
- Providing general legal advice to the Executive Team and Board of Trustees, other client departments and colleagues in our services.
- Providing general advice relating to statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Dealing with contractual and debt related disputes.
- Instructing and liaising with external Solicitors, as and when required.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with a proven track record in a commercial legal role. You will have demonstrable experience of undertaking complex legal cases, sound and up-to-date technical knowledge, and an excellent understanding of commercial and company law. Experience working within a health and social care environment would be beneficial, along with an understanding of charity law and key government health and social care policies. The successful candidate will need to be able to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external stakeholders, have excellent communication and IT skills, be highly self-motivated and be able to make sound business decisions.
Newly qualified up to mid level solicitors should apply for the role if interested in an in house role. Solicitors who have a Commercial background but who have not dealt with other legal areas ie Property should still apply.
The salary level will be commensurate with the level of experience and level of PQE.
Can you please contact Susan McNulty on 0796 7751440 if you are interested in this role or another in house role in the North.