Senior Legal Counsel, 7 years PLUS PQE
Arbuthnot Yon has an exclusive instruction with a multinational seeking a commercial, corporate or litigation lawyer to join West Midlands based business to manage and lead a small team of lawyers; act lead lawyer and business partner to operational businesses; and advise on a broad range of complex legal matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to join a blue-chip business and step up into a leadership role and gain some great experience. Alternatively you may be a lawyer operating at this level already and seeking a new challenge.
Reporting into the General Counsel and Company Secretary you will:
- Act as Head of Team deputising for the General Counsel when required, this involves being the point of reference for all legal queries, with the ability and confidence to make ‘on the spot’ strategic legal decisions
- Have responsibility for managing junior members of the Legal team, acting as a mentor/coach and point of reference for them for advice on contract terms, and legal and governance issues
- Be a strategic business partner, taking ownership of the legal demands of the relevant operating businesses
- Build and maintain strong relationships between Legal and commercial colleagues across the organisation, including the commercial teams and senior stakeholders e.g. sector Managing Directors
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements with key clients and suppliers, providing commercially focused legal advice to various business teams
- Provide legal advice in respect of a range of legal issues encompassing commercial law, employment, real estate, intellectual property, competition law, data privacy, insurance and general third party and intra-group agreements, litigation and compliance
- Provide and coordinate legal advice in relation to any M&A activity within the UK&I, including negotiating the relevant transaction documentation and project managing transactions
- Provide regular training to the wider business teams on legal issues which may impact the business
This is an excellent opportunity to undertake a varied role whilst having additional management and business facing responsibilities. As such this position would be suited to a lawyer who is commercial in outlook, enjoys developing internal relationships and would enjoy developing and supporting a talented team of Legal Counsel lawyers.
To be successful, you will have at least 7 years’ PQE gained in-house or private practice with experience in commercial, corporate or commercial litigation disciplines. Applications will be considered from lawyers currently working in leading in-house businesses as well as private practice law firms.
For more information please contact:
Victoria Moore email@example.com or 07971666134
Due to a high volume of applications we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.