Our client is a global LSE business that creates advanced products for the aerospace, defence and security markets with operation all over the world and with sites across the UK.
- To Draft, review and amend legal documents and contracts, as required, on behalf of the group's businesses, in order to ensure that all contracts entered into are legally sound and risks/liabilities associated therewith are minimised or mitigated as far as commercially possible
- To assist the Group Legal Department with the roll out and development of the new Operational Framework across the Group and the implementation and involvement of this.
- To assist with the ongoing compliance with and awareness of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 within the Group and assist in maintaining the data protection registrations for the Group's UK businesses
- To assist the Group Legal Director with M&A activity to ensure that all newly-acquired businesses are briefed on and brought into compliance with the Group's legal policies and procedures.
- To assist with the co-ordination and provision of legal advice, as required, in relation to any litigation involving the Group's businesses outside the US
- To assist with the Group's export control compliance and keep up to date with any relevant developments
- To assist with the Group's Bribery Act compliance processes and such other compliance processes ad activities as may be required by the Group from time to time.
- To assist with the provision and implementation of training, both online and in person, on a range of legal matters from time to time.
- To carry out research and prepare reports on new legislation (excluding UK employment legislation) which may impact on the Group, and to co-ordinate the development of any new policies and procedures with may be required in order to achieve compliance.
- To provide legal advice and assistance on specific corporate projects as may be required from time to time.
- To maintain a general awareness of developments in all legal fields relevant to the organisation.
- A qualified solicitor with at least two years post-qualification experience;
- In-house experience desired, though not a must;
- Up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of the law relevant to the job;
- Willingness to work flexibly within a small team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Accuracy and an eye for detail;
- Thorough knowledge of the Group's business and operations.
Excellent salary and development on offer.