Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial
Salary: Up to £75K
My client privately owned, commercially driven outfit consisting of various different business units aligned to the Education sector. With their legal function currently in an exciting period of change, they have a number of vacancies in Manchester City Centre and this is an important hire for the business.
They are looking to expand their legal function with 3 crucial hires into their North West base, to develop their commercial and corporate legal departments. This particular hire will come with the responsibility for embedding a commercial legal presence within the business, so would suit an experienced lawyer with strong commercial skills and a desire to grow and develop a team.
The chosen candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Acting as the lead on all commercial legal matters that affect the business.
- Reviewing and drafting high level standard and bespoke commercial contracts (IT/Supplier/Outsourcing/Procurement etc…)
- Advising on any data protection issues and working closely with the DPO to ensure ongoing compliance with GDPR requirements.
- Advising the business on any other relevant ad-hoc legal matters such as IP and employment.
- Supporting the ongoing compliance of statutory requirements for local and overseas legal entities
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- 5-8 PQE (this is intended purely as a guide. Candidates with less than 5 years can be considered dependant on background)
- Strong experience in Commercial/Contract Law
- Broad commercial legal knowledge to include different areas of law (e.g. Commercial, intellectual property, data protection)
- Preferably have some knowledge of GDPR requirements
If you'd be interested in discussing this position further, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be in touch to discuss further.
Please contact Tom Bagley, Recruitment Consultant - In House, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment is an In House Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading businesses trust us with their Legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our In House Legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role, and seek your approval, before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more In House Legal jobs in the UK.
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly