Senior Legal Counsel
For full details about this permanent vacancy based in Burton on Trent please contact Kate James at Michael Page on 0121 6348800.
In this role you will:
- Deliver timely legal services to the senior leaders in Supply Chain and Customer Excellence functions
- Oversee material UK procurement contracts, liaising with the Global and European Procurement function to ensure UK & Ireland interests are protected
- Advising on the enforcement of rights and obligations as required, and providing able counsel on all litigation and dispute resolution
- Manage junior legal counsel to support professional and personal growth,
- Be a thought-leader and contributor on the Legal and Corporate Affairs Leadership team
The successful candidate will have:
- High degree of business and legal acumen to help deliver transformational business initiatives, providing pragmatic and understandable advice to senior leaders
- Extensive experience in complex commercial negotiations, supply chain contract drafting, supplier management and litigation/dispute management
- Proven track record as lead counsel on complex M&A and JV activities, managing outside counsel, coordinating with project teams and advising on areas of risk
- Ideally you will have a familiarity with environmental sustainability issues in supply chains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to translate complex concepts into appropriate messages tailored to a wide range of audiences and customers
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external clients
Competitive basic salary and car allowance.
opportunity to work from home one day per week. Excellent opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
Incredibly business facing role.