In House Trade Finance Legal Counsel
For full details about this vacancy please contact Kate James on 0121 6348800 for an informal and confidential discussion.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join supportive team and receive excellent training, mentoring and supervision. If you are a Banking or Corporate Finance lawyer looking to move in house we would love to speak to you about this role. If you have the right transferable skills then our client can mentor and develop skills for everything else you will need to know!
- Provide counsel and legal support on GTRF matters with a particular focus on trade finance.
- Engage with key stakeholders including the business teams, financial crime and compliance, product, trade services etc.
- Offer advice that is pragmatic and commercial, taking into account internal policies and procedures and the context of the wider transaction and risk.Customers / Stakeholders
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the lead counsel for trade to provide prompt, commercial, practical and high quality legal advice to GTRF UK with a significant focus on core trade and commodity and structured trade finance transactions.
- Supporting the GTRF UK legal team leader on other work streams covered by the team as required including receivables and asset finance.
- Building and maintaining positive and effective relationships with the GTRF UK business and other key stakeholders including financial crime and compliance, product, trade services, tax as well as external law firms where appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience.
- Some experience of transactional banking is essential, and experience in any of the following areas would be highly desirable (trade/commodity finance, receivables finance, asset based lending or shipping).
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in international trade.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and develop expertise in this niche practice area.
Fantastic opportunity to move in house and join a supportive team. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Opportunity to work 1 - 2 days per week from home if desired. Offices based in central Birmingham, quick walk from the train station.