Assistant Company Secretary
Elevate is recruiting for an Assistant Company Secretary with at least 5 years experience to work for a British multinational PLC in Buckinghamshire on an interim basis.
Specifically you will…
- Support the SVP, Deputy Company Secretary and Head of Corporate Legal in providing and developing an excellent professional Company Secretarial service for the Group.
- Provide senior professional expertise and input and be responsible for a wide range of PLC and subsidiary Company Secretarial work for the Group.
- Personal and supervisory responsibility for statutory work for Group Companies, the design, development and management of share-based benefits schemes, and the preparation and production of shareholder documentation to meet both UK and US listing requirements.
- Advise on matters of the company and commercial law, governance and the regulatory environment; oversight, supervision and delivery of subsidiary company transactions and subsidiary governance and compliance; and delivery of a wide range of important tasks and projects associated with the Group’s duties and responsibilities as a global UK and US listed FTSE 100 Company.
- Responsibility for the Group’s relationship with the registrar and management of related responsibilities.
- Assistance with PLC Annual and General Meetings.
- Assistance with production of 'Annual Report' and Form 20-F and leadership of key areas and ancillaries and related documents for the SEC to meet UK regulations and US Listing rules.
- Together with HR and the VP Legal and Secretariat for the design, development, management and administration of the Group’s full suite of employee and executive share-based incentive schemes, including management of the Employee Share Ownership Trust.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the Code for Dealing in securities transactions and regulation of Insider restrictions, PDMR interests and advice on insider dealing rules in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation.
- Responsibility for the oversight of shareholder communications, including the preparation and release of electronic company announcements and trading results to the London and New York Stock Exchanges and SEC.
- Preparation of regular reports to the PLC Board and its Committees and preparation of routine minutes, and any actions arising therefrom.
- Act as Secretary to and/or supervisor of around 90+ UK subsidiary companies.
- Advice and assistance for subsidiary companies and corporate contacts.
- Direction, development and maintenance of a Group-wide online corporate database (Blueprint).
- Responsible for compliance with all relevant UK and US listing rules and company laws and advice on a wide range of issues, including stock exchange regulations and general company secretariat advice.
- Management of and liaison with company secretariat service providers.
- Develop, manage and maintain company secretariat departmental policies, procedures and best practice and develop and lead best practice changes across company secretariat globally.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work independently and prioritise effectively to achieve objectives in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with good attention to detail.
- Highly numerate and literate.
- Commercial and financial acumen and ability to exercise commercial judgment.
- A proactive approach with the ability to identify key issues, flexible and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience of a US-listed PLC and associated corporate activities.
- Knowledge and experience of Blueprint (or equivalent) professional database.
- Good current knowledge of share scheme and share registration processes.
- Good knowledge of LSE, UKLA, FCA, NYSE and Companies Acts rules and requirements.
- Qualified Chartered Secretary (to at least ACIS level) or equivalent.
- Degree level qualification.
- Legal qualification and experience an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience of professional company secretarial work within a UK FTSE environment.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.