Commercial Litigation NQ
A leading national firm are looking to add to their London Commercial Litigation team
The Litigation Division at this leading firm is split into Global Investigations, Financial Litigation and Commercial Disputes. The Commercial Disputes Team consists of 15 Partners and over 60 other fee earners across our 6 UK offices. Our London team specifically has 7 Partners and 19 other fee earners. The team are proud to be considered the go-to firm for complex, high-end legal advice, first-rate client service and their cutting edge innovative approach.
The Commercial Disputes Group advises on all forms of contractual and non-contractual disputes, ranging from corporate transaction disputes concerning warranties, indemnities and completion accounts, through to claims under supply and distribution agreements. The team are recognized by independent commentators as one of the leading commercial litigation practices in England, with a strong reputation for their commercial approach to resolving business disputes and, when cases do go to trial, a track record of winning. The service they provide is client centred and they consistently demonstrate real insight into their clients and what really matters to them.
The role will work closely with Partners across the Contentious Group who lead commercial dispute cases on areas including shareholder, partnership and general corporate disputes, private equity and hedge fund disputes, information technology, tax, trusts, pensions, international arbitration, fraud, IP, regulatory, PFI/PPP and general contract disputes.
You will handle your own matters (with supervision) and assist the Partners and Managing Associates on more complex matters. You can expect to have the opportunity to play a significant role in working for clients that are key to the Division and to the firm.
Any successful application will need the following skills:
· Ability to support cases across a broad range of commercial litigation issues.
· Talent in managing complex cases and clients, with proven negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of key areas of the law, providing clear, precise, practical advice.
· Ability to liaise effectively with other fee earners from within the group, and coordinate with fee earners from other relevant disciplines and jurisdictions as required.
· Desire to operate in a challenging, team-based environment.
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
· At least 6 months' experience of commercial litigation gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
· Clear understanding of the operation and structure of a Top 20 law firm
· Ability to achieve continuous improvement and development
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.