In House Solicitor
Our client a global company based in Leeds is recruiting a junior/ mid level In House Solicitor to join their in house legal team.
The In House Solicitor role will predominantly be a Commercial role undertaking global commercial contracts but there are other areas of the legal work that form part of the legal in house function. Solicitors who have not undertaken these areas should still apply if they are from a Commercial , Corporate or any other background which enables them to have the transferable skills to be able to undertake the role. As you would be working alongside a senior solicitor guidance and help can be given.
- Provide legal services to help to ensure the business meets legal and regulatory requirements and protect the intellectual property and other assets of the business.
- Prepare, negotiate and review commercial agreements including supplier contracts, IT contracts, and business partner agreements.
- Protect revenue flows by ensuring appropriate business agreements for customers and business partners managing risk.
- Provide expert advice to the business to minimise business exposure to risk.
- Promote awareness of legal issues in the business, particularly amongst the business decision makers in order to maximise business opportunities, and minimise business risk.
- Manage relationships with third parties such as external lawyers.
- Give specific guidance to the business on new product development.
- Drafting and reviewing product terms.
- Mitigate business risks by liaising with business managers to evaluate internal processes and procedures and implement corrective measures where necessary.
- Identify and evaluate changes in regulations and business environment to assess the impact on the business to ensure compliance obligations are met
- Comply with all Company policy and procedures.
- Comply with all regulatory procedures applicable to the role.
Solicitors with post qualification experience as a Commercial or Corporate lawyer with a law firm or in-house should apply for this In House Solicitor role.
Financial services and in-house experience preferable but not essential.
The salary will be commensurate with the level of experience. The client can offer some flexible working.
If you may be interested in this In House Solicitor role or any other in house legal role please contact Susan McNulty on 0796 7751440.