In House Employment Solicitor
Our client a leading service , business energy and regeneration company is looking to recruit an In House Employment Solicitor to join their legal team in Leeds.
Some of the key responsibilities for the In House Employment Solicitor role are as outlined below
- Provision of internal employment law services to the HR team, advising on contentious, non-contentious advisory and transactional issues;
- Responsibility for contentious employment issues with full involvement in matters and the opportunity to work closely with the business in managing and resolving cases;
- Providing specialist employment law advice on a range of matters including contractual matters, redundancy and restructuring, disciplinary and grievance, discrimination and equal opportunities, employment policies as well as advising on specific transactional activity and TUPE within a unionised business;
- Providing training to the business and managing external legal counsel.
Experience of contentious and non-contentious employment law experience gained with a respected firm in this area or in-house. Experience of dealing with trade unions would be an advantage;
- Proven technical ability;
- Ability to approach the role as a business partner;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Open to change and comfortable in a evolving environment with ability and willingness to contribute to the change process;
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage a sizeable workload in a fast paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Comfortable with stakeholder management but also able to work with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Good experience of employment law advisory work on the non-contentious side
- Experience in advising on and managing employment tribunal litigation
- Strong experience of dealing with TUPE issues
- Some in-house experience would be advantageous but is not necessary
The salary will be commensurate with the level of experience Any Employment solicitors 2 years to 10 years who are looking for an in house role should contact Susan McNulty on 0113 2437730/ 0796 7751440