Development Risk and Disputes Lawyer
Are you seeking a platform to progress with a well-known leading City firm that have an outstanding reputation for planning and Real estate work?
The firm are currently working on exciting projects like HS2 and have dealt with several Corporate transactions recently valued over £3billion. They have also advised a developer and social housing clients on over £1.6 billion of residential sales and over £1 billion of refinancing's.
Ranked in the Top 100 this firm are different to many other City firms - they have a unique progressive culture, and unlike other City firms, it is common for people to stay with them for their entire careers. They offer candidates a clear structure with great prospects for career progression and have a fantastic bonus structure which allows you to significantly increase your basic salary. The firm is multi-service and are continuously evolving and have a good blend of commercial and creativity. The firm has three offices across the country, and the Head Office is in London Bridge.
The firm is known for dealing with the highest quality work, and the London office has 400 members of staff, and they punch well above their weight. The firm really value work life balance and have a friendly, progressive and support team dynamic but handle a quality of work like that of much larger City firms.
The firm has an exciting new vacancy for a Development Risk and Disputes Lawyer to join their modern City of London office.
You will as part of a Nationally regarded department, alongside a Partner who is ranked in the Legal 500 as one of the Development Risk and Disputes Lawyers nationally. You will find you will obtain excellent exposure both work and client wise. You will deal with a broad range of work, which will make for a much more interesting role.
You will work as part of a close team in the delivery of class leading commercial advice (which encompasses statutory, policy and common law elements) to residential developers, housebuilders, commercial organisations, PRS developers, local authorities, investors and landowners. Work will include drafting, negotiating, litigating (planning appeals and court), policy and political advice.
You will also deal with;
- Rights of Light with a particular emphasis on the tactics for managing risk, negotiating release deeds and the suitability of insurance cover
- Neighbourly matters arrangements in including access, oversail and scaffolding rights
- Planning disputes and the judicial review of planning decisions
- Planning enforcement including breach of condition notices, planning contravention notices and other enforcement action by local planning authorities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on high profile projects, which includes many iconic buildings across London and further afield. Clients include prestigious house builders, social housing providers, commercial developers, local government and energy providers.
You will get a high level of client contact and good support and career development.
This role comes with good prospects for career progression.
- You will be NQ-4 years PQE
- The successful candidate is likely to be a real estate lawyer with experience of acting for residential developer clients and an interest in the areas of work the Development Risk team handles. Past experience (as a trainee solicitor) in planning and/or property litigation would be beneficial but not a requirement.
- It is essential that you have strong communication skills and the ability to build solid client relationships.
- Salary is negotiable depending on your level of PQE plus an exceptional benefits package.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Development Risk and Disputes Lawyer to progress in their career, at a Top legal 500 ranked firm, based in the City of London office.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Development Risk and Disputes Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly