Director, Compliance & Legal
A leading fintech business based in central London requires the assistance of an experienced Legal Compliance professional (Director Level) to work cross-functionally with Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Risk, HR, Finance, Public Policy, Privacy, and Internal Audit.
You will report to VP, Compliance and be responsible for strengthening, extending and sustaining a successful compliance program for the Real-Time Payments business, including to enable the business to meet its obligations under Part 5 of the Banking Act 2009. The key aspect of this role requires you to develop, implement and extend compliance risk assessments, policies and procedures ensuring they are aligned with relevant legislation and industry guidance, including Bank of England ("BoE") expectations under Part 5 of the Banking Act.
The additional duties as follows:
· Develop, implement and maintain a monitoring plan across relevant areas of the business to ensure oversight of and adherence to compliance policies, including BoE requirements.
· Production of reporting summarising findings of compliance monitoring and provision of feedback and recommendations to relevant business areas.
· Work with relevant business areas on the implementation of recommendations and track resolution of any issues to completion.
· Escalate issues including non-compliance or non-completion of actions as appropriate.
· Production of management information for internal stakeholders, including senior management and Risk Committee.
· Manage external validations of Part 5 control framework and track completion of any findings arising. · Maintain accurate and complete records of relevant information, including reporting to the BoE and records relating to changes in relevant processes.
You will be educated to Degree level with proven experience in a compliance/assurance role and experience of implementing compliance processes and controls. Ideally, you will have proven experience of working in the payments industry with the ability to translate regulatory and compliance requirements into controls and product designs. Proven compliance experience in the financial services sector, including experience managing operational compliance programs. In-depth understanding of the role of regulation and supervision in the payments sector and the ability to translate regulatory and compliance requirements into controls and product designs.
Apply for Director, Compliance & Legal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly