Data Protection Officer
I'm currently working with a rising star in the technology and automobile industry who is looking to recruit an experienced Data Protection Officer. Our client is offering a hands-on Data Protection Officer role, with the opportunity to lead an eager team of data experts as the business continue to grow internationally.
This role would be well suited to someone who has an excess of 5 years solid Data Protection, compliance monitoring and GDPR experience within an international organisation.
This role will report directly into the General Counsel and Senior management team, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Information Commissioners Office to ensure full compliance.
- Operate the existing GDPR compliance project and assess GDPR risks, advising relevant stakeholders on corrective actions.
- Define and update policies and procedures to ensure full compliance.
- Advise operational managers on Data Protection Impact Assessments, data minimisations principles and privacy by design.
- Implement best practices relating to personal data, participating in the detection, reporting and resolution of any data breaches.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with data privacy rules.
- Maintain necessary GDPR documentation in compliance with ICO regulations.
- Ability to conduct international Supply chain analysis
- Ability to manage and coordinate Data Sharing within the group and across entities
You should have:
- A minimum of 5 years solid Data Protection experience.
- Extensive knowledge of GDPR and ePrivacy (including PECR).
- Experience overseeing internal audits to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience negotiating with vendor/client data protection professionals.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to manage a team and lead from example across a business.
- A strong background in the Technology, and or Healthcare, sector.
If you meet the above criteria, and have at least 5 years solid Data Protection experience, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
This client is offering the real chance for an experienced Data Protection Officer to join and grow with the business. As such, a competitive base salary and benefits package is provided.
Please contact Cameran Waite, Recruitment Consultant - In House, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment is an In House Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading businesses trust us with their Legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our In House Legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role, and seek your approval, before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more In House Legal jobs in the UK.
Apply for Data Protection Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly