Purpose of role: Commercial legal counsel delivering tailored commercial advice, negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for The Body Shop International and its subsidiaries worldwide on commercial, retail and other general legal matters. Legal team member supporting Group Counsel – IP, Brand, Digital and wider legal department.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- To support the Group Counsel – IP, Brand, Digital on advising the Company on various commercial matters and to draft and negotiate contracts as directed
- To support the Group Counsel – IP, Brand, Digital and the Legal team on commercial, retail and other matters and as otherwise directed
- To act in compliance with Legal department KPIs
- To perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimising the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace
- Champions, supports and participates in The Body Shop’s Values and Campaigns
- Qualified solicitor - ideally 2+ years PQE
- Solid experience in commercial UK law
- Experience in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Experience working on cross-border commercial issues (preferred).
- Ideally, experience working with cosmetics or FMCG sectors.
Qualifications: UK qualified solicitor with current practising certificate.
- Knowledge of commercial, corporate and retail law.
- Commercially astute and able to deliver pragmatic advice
- Forward thinking with an interest in emerging issues in legal, contractual and retail matters
- Execution and delivery focused. Disciplined and organised. Consistently required to provide guidance under time pressures without compromising on the quality or clarity of advice
- Legal drafting and negotiating skills. Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Legal research skills
- Good communication and team working skills. Collegiate, cooperative and supportive member of the Legal team. Work in a team with very strong integrity, sensitivity and respect for confidentiality.
- Proactive attitude. Able to identify issues and opportunities. Innovates and takes initiative
- Establish good relationships with all key stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload and resolve problems with a resilient disposition
- One other language skill preferred