Leading management consultancy that operates globally and runs the EMEA division from London requires an additional lawyer. The role of Contracts Manager/Legal Counsel will involve the provision of commercial legal advice to corporate and business units, particularly those located in the UK, Europe, US and Middle East.
The Contracts Manager/Legal Counsel is required to work closely with a variety of teams and individuals within the company and will be the link between the legal department and the business to ensure the highest quality of services and compliance is met.
Provision of legal advice on the following topics -
- Contract law
- IP and IT law
- Dispute Resolution
- Procurement processes (including public procurement), identifying legal risk and mitigation
Review and negotiation of -
- Confidentiality agreements
- Service contracts
- Subcontract agreements
- Framework agreements
- Purchase terms and conditions
- IT license agreements
Internal support for the legal function -
- Contract summaries and maintaining online databases and registers
- Administering large Framework Agreements
- Ad hoc tasks to support other lawyers and other colleagues
- Assistance with the production and delivery of internal training
- Identifying commercial and legal risk and suitable strategies for mitigation
- Supporting (and eventually leading) all aspects of legal support with the business
- Assisting internal clients through the internal processes
- Minimising legal risk within the business more generally
- Assisting Procurement to negotiate successfully and within PA's risk boundaries
- Assisting Audit with internal reviews
- Promoting best practice
- Retaining and filing all relevant documentation
- Delivering training to the business.
- A qualified lawyer,
- Commercial experience (in relevant markets - consulting, IT, IP)
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of internal and external clients, with differing backgrounds (commercial, legal, academic and technical)
- Ability to work to a deadline and managing several deadlines at one time
- Ability to work with internal clients in other jurisdictions
- Ability to work alone and as part of a close knit team
- The ability to communicate and influence both internally with clients and externally with client lawyers
- Ability to think of creative solutions, to provide guidance and answers rather than 'the letter of the law'
This role is an excellent first move from private practice as it will allow you to work directly with senior management in a small collegiate team of 3 other lawyers. For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.