Legal Advisor - Corporate & Commercial - Technology
In order to deliver its drive for growth, our client's group strategy emphasises the need to rapidly assimilate new technologies and capabilities and to enhance the group's ability to commercialise its technology and capabilities. The purpose of this role is to support the Group Legal Head of Commercial in providing legal advice to deliver that strategy, focussing on those activities which are led from the corporate centre. These include corporate acquisitions, IP/technology development and exploitation, strategic procurement , together with legal oversite of associated policies on IP, data management, contracting policies etc.
The post-holder must be a UK qualified solicitor with 2 or more years PQE, be enthusiastic, flexible and responsive, comfortable working at short notice, to tight deadlines and for sustained periods of high intensity, as required to meet the businesses requirements.
- Take direction from the Group Legal Head of Commercial
- Conducting legal aspects of transactional due diligence
- Interfacing with external advisors to support preparation of share/asset purchase agreements
- Drafting licence, collaboration, research and non-disclosure agreements
- Supporting capture and management of the group's intellectual property
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement contracts
- Advising on and drafting of MoU's & LoI's,
- Supporting post acquisition integration
- Providing guidance and support on commercial policies, processes and training
- Escalating risks to the Group Legal Head of CommercialTo be considered you must have:
- Good quality training in respected commercial practice or in-house (technology business advantageous)
- A can-do mind set with a customer- focused, collaborative approach to developing partnerships between the legal team and the business
- Excellent commercial instincts
- Experience of M&A transactions, technology exploitation and software licensing.
- Good working knowledge of contract, intellectual property and general commercial law
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills
- Broad commercial contracting experience
- Excellent communication skills and team orientation
- A 'results driven' mindset - highly committed and motivated to 'get the job done'.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ideally some experience of instructing outside counsel
- Knowledge of GDR would also be an advantage, but not essential.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Apply for Legal Advisor - Corporate & Commercial - Technology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly