Sanctions and Embargoes Lawyer
Elevate is recruiting for a Sanctions and Embargoes Lawyer with at least 2 years PQE to work for a leading financial institution in Paris on a 6 months’ contract. The role will involve reviewing the policies and procedures of the business lines and entities in order to complete, correct or redraft them when necessary, in order to ensure a smooth implementation of the Group Instruction on Embargoes and Sanctions.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have experience in cross-border litigation and enforcement matters related to economic sanctions laws for financial institutions (being involved in their internal investigations)
- Fluent in French and English
- Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a International Financial services organisation
- Are solutions driven and proactive
- Like working with multinational companies, spanning different markets and industries.
Essential experience and skills for success:
- A minimum of 2 years PQE working on relevant litigation and enforcement matters.
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment.
- Dependable, responsive, and committed to producing high quality work.
- Flexible, and willing to pitch in on matters and projects to better serve our clients, even if the work falls outside your normal scope of duties.
- Excellent written skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work.
- High integrity and ethical compass.
- Excellent listening as well as communication skills and the judgment to know which skill to use in a given setting.
- Admissions to the NY and Paris Bar.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.