Sole Legal Counsel
We are working exclusively with a leading West Midlands headquartered business which is seeking to appoint its’ first Sole Legal Counsel. This is an ideal opportunity for a commercial lawyer with at least 5 years PQE who looking to join an organisation that gives something back and where its’ people are extremely passionate about what they do!
If you are a lawyer looking to progress your career by moving into a Sole Legal Counsel role or alternatively you are currently a Sole Counsel or Head of Legal seeking a new challenge then this might be the ideal opportunity for you! This business is a leader in its’ field, has revenues in excess of £200m and employs around 10,000 people in the UK.
Reporting into the CFO, and working closely with the Senior Management Team, you will be the “go to” personal for all legal issues affecting the business. The majority of your time will be spent advising on bids, tenders and contractual arrangements the business enters into. Broader legal areas the business requires support with encompass commercial property, GDPR, commercial disputes and liability litigation issues.
Examples of the types of projects you would be responsible for are as follows:
- Reviewing tender documentation for new and renewal business with customers. Ensuring that legal risks are identified and reported to the senior team.
- Ensuring governance around the execution and management of contracts.
- Working with the Property Team and external counsel on commercial property leases related to the property interests which the business has across the UK.
- Reviewing procurement and supplier contracts.
- Working with the Customer Services team on liability claims management and assisting with GDPR requests and provision of information.
- Instructing and managing external lawyers as and when appropriate usually on specialist topics such as litigation and commercial property.
- Dealing with any other legal queries and issues as and when required.
This position will suit a lawyer with at least 5 years' PQE gained in commercial contracts, ideally some of which has been spent in-house. We are looking for a lawyer who enjoys building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and who has sufficient gravitas to work with the Senior Management Team and provide first line advice and support to the whole business.
A competitive salary and package will be offered. You will also have flexibility to work from home 1 – 2 days per week after an initial settling in period.
Please contact Victoria Moore at Arbuthnot Yon for further information.
Apply for Sole Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly